Selldorf Architects is looking for a Project Architect with 6+ years of experience to join our firm. We are seeking a creative, focused, and passionate individual who demonstrates a keen interest in working in a team environment on complex projects. A successful candidate must be organized, enthusiastic, and proactive. You will be involved in all aspects of the firm’s work including building code and zoning analysis to conceptual design and construction administration. This person should have a deep understanding and experience in all aspects of project design and refined detailing.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Interprets design objectives, in coordination with the Project Manager and Partner-in-charge, and translates them into workable construction systems; maintains quality technical and design control.
- Supervises and mentors assigned staff in Selldorf Architect’s established techniques and standards to prepare Construction Documents, presentation drawings, architectural models, and project written documentation.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to ensure project team is adhering to schedule.
- Communicates regularly with consultants and team members to ensure documents are coordinated; identifies issues that affect design and works closely with the Project Manager to propose solutions.
- Reviews and coordinates shop drawing submittals and RFIs.
- Primary contact for Contractor and Consultant team.
- May communicate with client as directed by Project Manager on project details.
- Prepares weekly project updates for the Client and the Principal and Partners.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of design materials and construction documents throughout the design and construction phases of the projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that records of client/architect/consultant/contractor relationships and activities are maintained.
- Actively contributes to firm wide efforts to increase technical consistency and design efficiencies.
- Guides and mentors’ architectural staff.
SUMMARY OF TASKS (OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Participates in all aspects of Construction Administration, including site observation; manages contractor submittals and RFIs.
- Oversees production of Department of Building and all regulatory Filing Set.
- Conducts zoning and building regulation studies.
- Determines project designs conform to building codes.
- Directs and mentors’ Architectural staff in the preparation of design and technical documents.
- Prepares Meeting Minutes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture required.
- 5+ years architectural related experience typical.
- Architectural License desired.
- Must have solid conceptual and design process skills and good problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of construction standards and codes, materials and building systems.
- CADD and Revit proficiency required.
- Experience using AutoCad and Revit required. Experience using 3-D modeling programs desirable.
- Ability to communicate via hand sketching expected.
- Supervisory and management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using excellent drawing skills and various software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and precision and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, commitment, setting an example for others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC in both an office and in a remote setting.
- Occasional Domestic or International travel may be required.
- Ability to meet with clients on and off-site.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and portfolio as a single PDF, no larger than 3 MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org.